Frontier Medical College
Frontier Medical & Dental College (FMC) is a premier national institution that has won global acclaim within a short span of time. Its main academic campus is situated in a hilly station of Abbottabad in a clean, peaceful and beautiful enviroment. The campus is distributed over a sprawling area of 18 acres. It houses interesting modern Air-conditioned lecture theaters, dissection halls and laboratories for various basic content like Pathology, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pharmacology, and Histology. The Radiology includes X – Ray Machines, CT Scan Mammography, Ultrasound colored dopler and Fluoroscopy. The College has a very impressive Anatomy Museum Pathology Museum, Forensic Medicine and Neighborhood Medicine Museum which are the best in the country. This building also houses various dental laboratories which includes Phantom head laboratory, Dental material laboratory, Prosthetic laboratory, Dental Radiology laboratory and OPG. The clinical dentistry section of FM&DC has the best features available anywhere.
- Forensic Medicine
- Community Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Psychiatry / Behavioral Sciences
- Pakistan Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Medical education
The courses of study for MBBS and BDS are open to both male and female applicants from all provinces of Pakistan and also to applicants of all nationalities from abroad.
- 1. Applicants for admission in MBBS and BDS must have passed:
- a) F. Sc (Pre-Medical) from a Board of Intermediate in Pakistan in First Division acquiring at least 60% marks.
- b) Or any examination of a ForeignUniversity or College/School which in scope and ordinary is regarded as equivalent to F. Sc (Pre-Medical) examination of Pakistan such as: i. The British GCE ‘A level. ii. The American / CanadianHigh School examinations (12 years of schooling) iii. Higher Secondary School examination of the Middle East. iv. Baccalaureate examination.
Invitation for Entry Test and Interview
- Applications for admission in MBBS and BDS are invited after announcement of FSC result. After scrutinizing all applications, those applicants found suitable, are advised through sending letters interacting the date, time and venue of the Entry Test and Aptitude Interview,
- The Entry Test is an objective type of examination in the form of Multiple Choice type of Questions (MCQ) established on the ordinary of F. Sc (Pre-Medical) in the subjects of English, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- It is a necessity of PMDC that all applicants applying for admission in MBBS or BDS are
- also to appear in the Provincial Govts. Entry Test in the province of their domicile and they have to submit a copy of the result to the college.
- In case of those applicants in whose province Entry Test is not held their Entry Test will be taken by the college.
- Aptitude Interview
- After the Entry Test, dependent on merit the top 120 applicants are invited for Understanding Interview by the Admission Selection Committee of the college. It is to assess the ability of the candidate to undertake the arduous and complicated course of medical education and to see that the candidate is capable and really interested in study of Medicine and also to see that the candidate & his family can afford to pay the fees of education in a private sector medical college. The date, time and location of the Aptitude Interview will be communicated singularly to the candidates.
Tel: 92-0992-383568, 383561
Address P.O. public School Mansehra Road, Abbottabad Pakistan.